Sep 14, 2008

Cross stitch in Memory of my friend!

 
Before my friend died she had started on this cross stitch.
I finally finished it for her husband.
What a tribute to her life she left behind. Her house is full of fabulous cross stitches she always worked on, nothing was to hard for her. She just loved the challenge.
Without her I would never have foraged unto the harder cross stitching she was so fond of. I had never thought I could work on this one either. I envied her for her skills, but she thought me even after her death that we can do anything we want to put our minds to. This is her last big tribute for her family. I have one smaller item yet to tackle, but it will go faster then this one and I should have it finished soon.
We still miss her in our cross stitch circle and wished she would still be there to keep us on our toes and keep us stitching. We will always keep a place for her!

2 comments:

  1. It's lovely!

    She was as lucky to have you as a friend as you were to have her in your life...and I'll bet she's THRILLED that you did such an exquisite job on her challenging cross stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Great job. I'm very impressed.

    ReplyDelete