Jan 27, 2009

Quotes from Jason's newest letter!

"We did a 5 km packmarch today...in the snow. It made the forest into a giant rainmaker with the ice pellets falling through the trees. Then, as we marched through the sunrise, the flakes got bigger and bigger. They finally stopped just after lunch. Ate with snow falling on my plate. :-)"
"Got to go to bed 'early'. Just as everyone was progressing into sleeping bags, we all had to get up and fall into formation. Then change to ACUs in 4 minutes. FAILED CALL. Then into PT uniform in 5 minutes. Tehn back into ACUs. ASAP. LOL. Bed now"
"In a tent that just fits me. 20 degrees low for tomorrow."
"I am too tall (shock, right?) for the sleeping bags, so , of course my shoulder pop out of warmth and I wake up shivering."

Well, these are the funny once in his second letter home. Thought I'd share them for your benefit! As we are having a 'bad weather' day in school I have an unexpected day off. Guess there will have to be a long letter to Jason with maybe some dog pictures included. He doesn't want individual letters now as he has to do pushups for everything he gets...poor child. I am still going to send him two or so a week and Dan just got through sending him 3 postcards :-) Guess no more postcards...maybe.
"Please save me pushups. :) Trust me, I get enough other workouts!"

2 comments:

  1. Snow Day! Snow Day! SNOW DAY!!!!

    The Inauguration last Tuesday, and an inclement weather day this Tuesday? Tuesdays rock!

    P.S. Hey, the word I have to verify is actually a word AND a personal noun! ("frank")

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Jason likes pushups. Why else would he have told his mother (off all people) that he has to do pushups for every letter. Obviously she will send more letters ..... or maybe is he using reverse psychology? aha! got him!

    ReplyDelete