Dec 12, 2009

So, what did I do today?

This was supposed to be a workless day with just nothing at all to do...so...

  • I started to record all of Dan's records to Computer (well, it will take longer then I though :-)) it will be a loooong project, but that is okay, it's his Christmas present and whenever I rather sit on the computer I just tell him I copy his records...of course I have to listen to his music...that is not always my piece of cake, but it's his Christmas...
  • Then we decided to go shopping...for food...well, Walmart is way too full, so we turned around and went to Albertsons...yeah! As I needed a cake for tomorrow I was looking around for something when I remembered that Dan had bought a can of Blueberry Pie Filling...he was going to bake something weeks ago...and still hasn't. When I reminded him he was going to get a baked pie shell...well, that's good for filling with jell-o and whipcream...but fruit...aaagh!!! So I looked at a Blackberry Pie Filling can and found a recipe for a Coffee Cake, took a picture and emailed it home so I can copy it for the Blueberry can...here it is!
  • Well, the package of Jell-o in the back is clearer then my recipe, but I made the coffee cake...I'll take a picture of it later when I made the glaze (doesn't matter that I didn't have 1 1/2 cup of butter (only 1 1/4) and took less sugar...took 2 cups of flour, seemed to batter up okay :-)
  • Before I made the cake though I cut onions and meat and am making Gulasch for lunch tomorrow, and for Monday's lunch...there is someone having a birthday and I'll get her lunch :-) Oh, well...no surprise here!
  • And then it was back to the computer recording more of Chicago...now I found my old Christmas records, so I am taking a break and record those, or at least one or two, while still cooking the Gulasch!
So, this is my day of not doing anything...but it's fun to cook and to finally doing something with those old records that are collecting dust in the corner :-) I wonder how they will sound when they are copied over to a CD, as that is the next step :-)

Oh, have you realized we already had our Christmas...as Dan got a record player from me :-) Well, those pictures will follow when I put them on a nice background and on Creative Memories...you'll just have to wait and see what else we got...so, stay tuned to the Bush's blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment