Sep 28, 2011

Question #1 answered!

The question on Callapidder Days was:
How much do book reviews influence your decision to acquire and/or read a book?
And my answer is:


If a friend or family member recommends a book I'll read it. I don't always like the book but hey, if my friends like it I ought to know what they are talking about. i have only once not liked a book a friend suggested to the point where I didn't finish it. Otherwise I just finish the book 'cause maybe it'll take a turn...
I also listen to authors talk sometimes and if they talk about a book I am inclined to just see if it is good (as I am doing with 'Rose's and '39 Steps' which are on my list), I also will read a book before I see the movie (just read 'The Help' so I can go and see the movie, or, as with 'Pillars of the Earth' I watched the show and then got the book and the sequel to read. They also were recommended by my sister after I talked to her about the show.
I like that you are asking questions and we have to find something to write about ourselves. There are some interesting view points on here!

No comments:

Post a Comment