Feb 16, 2008

Abilene weather, now!!

It started to rain, and I mean Thunder and Lightning = Thunderstorm rain, last night. At 4 there was a sonic boom that woke even me from my slumber! The rain drops sounded like hail, we got up because we thought it was hailing big chunks and found it was only rain. So this morning as I open the blinds this is what's greeting me, a nice frozen tree in the front yard. The other tree doesn't look that bad though. Anyways, as I open the front door the two turtle doves are trying to scatter away real quick, seems the wall top is frozen also and they were having a hard time flying off...too funny, too bad I didn't know they were sitting there.
The forecast for today is freezing, now remember that two days ago, Thursday, we had a high of 73 or so, today and yesterday the highs reach 36, maybe!
Yep, this is living 'at the edge' in West Texas :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment