Feb 13, 2008

Newfoundland Valentine Poem



It was just to cute to pass on. I didn't write it... :-)


Fer Me Wife ...

I writes ta say I loves ya b'ye!
Cause I don't say it very much...
Everytime I tries ta cuddle ya
Ya says GET A WAY, DON'T TOUCH!

I tried ta be more gentle
Took me rubbers off outside...
When I tells ya where I was last night
Ya always tinks I lied!

Ya knows I loves me Fishin'
Ya knows I loves me boat...
But you're da life preserver
I needs to stay afloat!

So I got ya sometin' really nice
How much, please don't ask...
But you'll find it a lot easier now
When ya goes ta cut da grass!

Just pull da cord, and stand behind
Steer her as you go...
Next Valentines I'll get ya sometin'
Dat helps ya shovel snow!

So keep up da cookin' and cleanin'
You're de only one I got...
To keep me duds all washed and clean
And me coffee always hot!

You knows dat I appreciates
Your home made buns & bread...
And I hope dat it continues on
Till one of us is dead!

I loves ya b'ye!

1 comment:

  1. Newfoundland Valentine Reply

    Fer me husband...

    The only word ya gots right in yer poem was BYE! (Yer coffee's in da cabinet, yer buns are in da drawer...yer wife has gone to Texas!)

    P.S. I took yer dog.

    ReplyDelete