Feb 18, 2009

Our Update...

...isn't very long :-) Nothing really is happening anymore as we just keep following the days to our works! Oh, well...
Now we actually sat down and had our own little Valentines' Celebration. I don't think we ever did that before...where, oh where is the romance in our life? Hmmm...better not ask to detailed a question or you might actually answer this one!
I talked Dan in to ordering Steak Express' Valentine Special, 2 Nolan Ryan Steaks, 2 Baking Potatoes, 2 Salads, 2 Cherry Cheesecakes, and 2 large Iced Teas! Well, when I called the guy actually told me they were out. Luckily I called as Dan would have said 'Thank You' and hung up. I stayed on the line and had a conversation with the guy who verified my phone number and then asked what I wanted...Valentine's Special...was my reply and he asked how I wanted my steak...he actually pulled my leg and I fell for it!!! Oh, my...I am getting old when they can do that and not get an argument!
So, I ordered it and Dan went and got it later. I set up the cozy room infront of the fireplace, after all it was cold! And waited for Dan. Then we served our take out on china and had wine with it (the ice tea went in the fridge :-)) Then I forgot to light the candles, I did put them on the ottoman, and the flowers (which Dan got me for Valentine) hid the fire place :-( Yeah, I told you we are very romantic around here!
Then we realized that we are way to old to sit on the floor to eat, well, actually I could have, but Dan...you get the hint? LOL
Well, here is at least a picture so you can enjoy all the trouble I went too, and Dan will remember it for a long time...I hope at least! I'll ask him in a month or so what we did on Valentine's Day.
It was good food! Eat your heart out! Only thing better would have been Perini Steak house. Guess we'll have to take the parents next time they come. Maybe Sandra and Clayton will be here too. Have to introduce Clayton to a good Cowboy Steak! 
Salat and steak and potatoes and wine...who can ask for more?
Oh, yeah, here are the dogs asleep...Rhowdie needs a pillow for his head!  

2 comments:

  1. Romance is NOT dead! Vive le amour!

    Glad the wine was yum...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weiter faellt Euch nichts mehr ein an Valentinstag,nur essen,kein Fell vorm Kamin und so weiter.Ja man wird halt aelter.

    ReplyDelete