Jul 30, 2006

Home again!

So, we are back! It only took us all day Friday to get back to beautiful Abilene!

We got up at 5 a. m. German time. Went to the airport in Frankfurt and left on a plane at 7:25 to London, England. There we had an English breakfast before we boarded the next plane at 12 something for Chicago. From there we had to change our flight to an earlier one as our plane was going to be delayed. Jason, Tiffany and I got on a plane for Dallas, Dan stayed behind and tried to get the next one. As we were sitting at Dallas waiting for the plane to Abilene it didn't look to good for Dan to catch up with us. Even asking the gate agent didn't bring us any closer of knowing where Dan was. The only thing he could figure out was that Dan was on the original plane and was listed for the flight on Saturday morning out of Dallas!

Well, we finally boarded and got all settled in the plane only to find out that we were missing one important ingredient in leaving Dallas, the pilot!!! He was sheduled to arrive at 8:47 p.m and our plane was sheduled to leave at 8:30 pm! We thought that if Dan hustled he might make it yet to our flight, but when the pilot showed up and we were told we were going to leave soon, all hope disipated! I started to read my magazine, and when I looked up I had to laugh, Dan was walking down the aisle!!! He didn't even see us, and he didn't know we were going to be on that flight. He also didn't realize that this one was the last flight out of Dallas for the evening towards Abilene. I had told him so before, though. Anyway, we all made it back to Abilene, our suitcases though stayed in Dallas. Tiffany and Jason picked them up on Saturday at around noon.

Tiffany and I were busy Saturday evening and Sunday until she left working on her scrapbook! Yeah, I don't have to work on Jason's anymore, I now can just let her do that! We only got halfway finished and she will have to finish it at her house. That will give her something to do in the evening after work :)

Anyway, we are back and I have plenty of video and pictures to show, if anyone is interested...just let me know!!

That will be the end of this part of the blog. Maybe I'll write more if I have something neat to say...just keep checking!

No comments:

Post a Comment