Apr 14, 2007

This will be short

Wasn't going to say anything, but I threw out my back last Saturday and have been limping along ever since. Monday I had taken off anyway as Tiffany was going to be in town, with Jason and her mom, for a Bridal Shower hosted by my co-workers at school. Tuesday I went working all day, but I skipped cross stitching. Wednesday I went to work for half a day but went to see a doctor in the afternoon. Since then I am on meds, but I don't know if they are working. I went to work Thursday for half a day, then home and in bed. Took off Friday to stay relaxed all day, well, that doesn't work either. I just can't sit up it hurts more when I get up then.
Today marks one week. I found some exercizes on the internet which I am now trying out too. How often should you do them? I'll do em as long as I can. Still hurts though. Sitting here with my heating pad in my back. Guess I'll stop this and lay down again before it hurts too much again.

No sympathy needed...I'll just limb along and might have to see a doctor on Monday . Supposedly its' just a muscle, but why aren't the muscle relaxant working yet?



And now it is Sunday and I still am not doing much better. But it is getting boring to lay down watching TV, so with Dan's help I finally found a way to play around on the computer. Looks comfy, doesn't it...no! I am using a hot pouch (filled with corn) under my back. As it is still hurting. I think I am not even waiting for Monday to roll around, we are going to the doctor today.
Yes, I got a transfer to the doctor from base and that's where we went this afternoon. X-rays showed only that I don't have a curve in my spine and she thinks it is from my muscle spasms. They actually straightend my spine. And that is where my pain comes from. She also asked me what those marks were on my back. Hated to tell her that they come from the hot pouch I was using, they burned my back! It also is not a good idea to use something like "icy hot" and then go and put a hot pouch on as that makes it even hotter! Oh, well...I guess we all learned something new now!
Oh, yeah, I took a shot at the doctors and got another set of pills prescribed. And I take another dose each of the other two! My, I am becoming a drug addict here!

4 comments:

  1. Poor thing. You have been SPECTACULARLY healthy the whole time I've known you so it was just a matter of time until you drew an unlucky card...

    Please call if you need anything...and don't worry about coming in on Monday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got your sympathy, so here comes mine: Ohhhhhhhh.

    Hey, I want THAT boss .... "don't worry coming in"... my boss is out off town as I am sick, so I HAD to go in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, according to the countdown you have on your home page, you only have 88 days to snap that spine back into place!

    As for the name of your blog, "The Good Life"? Well, you may have to change it if you're going to keep posting pictures of you propped up with heating pads on three different medications! lol

    Get better! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm late reading this--hope all is well again.

    ReplyDelete