Jul 23, 2007

The Invasion is over!

So they all left today. Have to download some of our Mini Golf pictures, but first I have to do laundry and clean house. (Oh, after reading the new Harry Potter book)!!!

We left in two cars this morning, stopped at Kohl's in Weatherford and at Hulen Mall in Ft. Worth. Had lunch at Denny's and went to DFW. All 1o got seats in the airplane, or so they told me, and Dan and I took the Pick-up back to Ft. Worth and continued on our way westwards :-)

Stopped in Weatherford for coffee and then kept going. Went through a tremendous downpour (news just said 5-6") and then I fell asleep reading my book. I am so glad Dan came along and was driving home or I would have had to stop somewhere and take a nap! As it was poor Dan was needing some shut eye also, but he didn't ask me to drive. He stopped and got more coffee and some snacks and continued on as I kept reading. We made it to Abilene and found it had been raining here also, but the official rain keeper at the airport must not have had any rain at all as there is no official rainfall today, how funny is that? There was water standing all along the street...funny Texas weather ;-)

Well, my house is so quiet now and I miss playing dominoes tonight. Well, there will be a next time, I'm sure! And I think there is a Rottweiler who is really going to miss all the attention he has received the last few weeks...too bad, he did get to come inside tonight and chew on his bone until Dan threw him out because of some unidentifiable smell which came from him...the dog, not Dan :-)

I am so glad he doesn't read this blog...or so I hope :-)

Now off to bed with my book so I can read Harry Potter all day tomorrow when it is raining again.

1 comment:

  1. Glad everyone is home safely and that the trip was fun for all! Bet you're exhausted. Put your feet up and relax...and let's go to Ann Thai one day this week or next.

    Hey, what page are you on?

    ReplyDelete